Publish Time:2020-09-08 08:57
Punching part of the rolling forming machine:
It is known to all that most of the cold rolling forming profiles needed to be punched. As to which kind of punching depends on lots of elements like the material thickness, hole position and others. Here I take some random profiles for your reference to show you how many types punching we usually uses.
For those profiles, normally we will use multi-station punching design;
Advantages of multi-station punching design
(1) Multi-station punching design is a multi-process die. In one die, it can include multiple processes such as punching, bending, forming, and deep drawing. It has higher labor productivity than composite die and can also Produce quite complex stamping parts.
(2) The operation of multi-station punching design is safe, because human hands do not enter the dangerous area.
(3) When designing a multi-stationpunching design, the process can be dispersed and does not need to be concentrated in one station, and there is no "minimum wall thickness" problem in the compound die. Therefore, the mold strength is relatively high and the service life is long.
(4) The multi-station progressive die is easy to automate, that is, it is easy to realize automatic feeding, automatic discharging, and automatic stacking. (5) The multi-station progressive die can be produced by a high-speed press, because the workpiece and leftovers can directly leak down.
(6) The use of punching design can reduce presses and reduce the transportation of semi-finished products. Workshop area and warehouse area can be greatly reduced.
Here some common and popular design made by punching machine.
Whether a stamping part adopts a multi-station continuous die should consider the following aspects:
(1) Design, production and maintenance of continuous molds
The structure of the multi-station continuous mold is quite complicated, and the manufacturing accuracy is much higher than that of the general mold. After each batch production, it must be overhauled, sharpened, and tested before being put into storage for use. Some small punches must be replaced in time after the inserts are worn or damaged. For the multi-station continuous die for bending, deep drawing and forming, when sharpening the edge of the punch and die, the relative height of other parts should be corrected at the same time. For the multi-station continuous die for bending, deep drawing, and forming, the height of the punch and the die is often different, so the relative difference required by the original design must be maintained after sharpening. Must have a certain technical level of maintenance workers and the necessary more sophisticated special equipment.
(2) Applicable press
The press used for the continuous die should have sufficient strength, rigidity, power, precision, a large work surface and a reliable braking system. The stroke of the punch should not be too large to ensure that the continuous die set guide system does not disengage during operation. Generally, work should be performed below 80% of the nominal pressure of the press. The multi-station continuous mold should be equipped with a detection mechanism for strip feeding failure. After the detection mechanism sends a signal, the brake system must be able to stop the press immediately to avoid damage to the mold or machine tool.
(3) Good processed materials
During the continuous die punching process, intermediate annealing is not possible, and it is inconvenient to increase lubrication during processing. Therefore, the mechanical properties of the stamping materials must be relatively stable. Each batch of materials that enter the factory must be tested and inspected according to regulations; continuous die stamping The width and thickness tolerance of the strip, and the flatness of the material edge have higher requirements, because they will directly affect the punching effect and the feeding of the strip.
(4) Stamping parts should be suitable for multi-station continuous die punching
1. The output and batch size of the processed parts should be large enough.
2. The material performance of the multi-station continuous mold is lower than that of other molds.
3. The accumulative error between feeding accuracy and each process step will not reduce the accuracy of parts.
4. For parts with complex shapes and inconvenient positioning after punching, a multi-station continuous die is the most ideal.
And in this website, we will share more articles about the punching of the rolling forming machine.
Contact Us For More Roll Forming Machine Detailed Information
You can contact us either through phone number 0086-15127778288 within our working hours, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send an inquiry form to us using "Inquiry Now" option. Our customer representatives will respond as soon as possible.